How to take the pledge...
1) Click on E-mail Me (Top Right)
2) Enter Full Name
3) Enter Email Address
4) Enter "I took the Pledge" on the Subject Line
5) Enter "Organization Name" in the message box
6) Additional information is optional
7) Type the code and Click on "Send Message"
As a group of community leaders representing diverse segments of our community, we understand that we will not always agree on the topic of race and culture. However, we seek to find common ground through constructive dialogue and debates as we purposefully plan for a better community. Therefore, we took the pledge as a proactive stand as to not allow our personal differences to interfere with the work which lies ahead. And, we welcome you to take it too.
When facing challenges, as a leader, I pledge to…
- Listen to those who disagree with my ideas.
- Seek to understand the people and ideas with which I disagree.
- Communicate my thoughts and beliefs in a respectful manner.
- Avoid divisiveness within all segments of the community.
- Recognize that our current challenges are real, but resolve to seek solutions and NOT be a part of the problems.
- Work to ensure that there is a fair platform on which to air disputes in our community.
- Take action to implement this Pledge, because actions speak louder than words.
- Promote and encourage others to respond in the same way to community challenges they face.